Power to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Required (8) hours training course to apply for CA security guard card. Pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 7583.6. The training course covers the following topics:
Power to Arrest – (4) hours Online and Classroom
- Roles and responsibilities of a security guard
- Relationship between a security guard and police in making an arrest
- Limitations on a security guard to power to arrest
- Restrictions on searches and seizures
- Criminal and civil liabilities: personal and employer
- Trespass law
- Ethics and communications
- Security officer safety and emergency situation response
Required Course to Apply for the State of California Guard Card
Weapons of Mass Destruction & Terrorism Awareness – (4) hours
- Introduction and overview of the training
- The Role Of a Security Officer
- The Nature of Terrorism
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Coordinating and Sharing of Critical Information
Continuing Education – Online and Classroom
Classroom: required 32 hours of additional training by the state of California taught in four hour blocks of instruction (two blocks per day).
Classroom: Eight hours per day: Observation & Documentation, Communication & its Significance, Public Relations, Legal Aspects & Liability, Supervision, Crowd Control, Courtroom Demeanor, Preservation of the Incident Scene, Report Writing, Post Orders, are examples of State Certified Continuing Education topics.
Register for any of the classes offered by our security training school, and take advantage of available blank days for private training seminars and other smaller and larger groups. Pre-register for classes right away, and begin the process of security guard study today.
Contact our security training school today to find a class on our schedule that works best with your situation. We proudly serve clients in San Francisco and surrounding communities throughout the state of California.